To provide students with an innovative program of study, incorporating experiential learning with a challenging positive academic environment for development and growth by learning to advance theory into practice within the profession of health promotion and assessment.
The Program will achieve this mission by meeting the following goals
Student learning outcomes for the major include, but are not limited to the following:
- assessing individual and community need for health education and promotion;
- planning health education and promotion strategies, interventions, and programs;
- implementing health education and promotion strategies, interventions, and programs;
- conducting evaluation and research related to health education and promotion;
- administering health education and promotion strategies, interventions, and programs;
- serving as a health assessment and promotion resource person;
- communicating and advocating for healthy lifestyles through health education and health promotion.
- students learn to develop and implement comprehensive health promotion activities by using health education and assessment methods.
- May 4-6
Welcome from Health Sciences
Health is one of the most important disciplines in today’s world. Given the current and future global demand for well trained and passionate health professionals, now is an ideal time to study in our department. We urge you to learn about our programs to see where your future ambitions fit. More >