James Madison University's Occupational Therapy program is a graduate-level degree offering in the Department of Health Sciences. There are points of admission into the program for undergraduate students in the junior year who are Health Science majors with a concentration in Health Studies, and students already possessing a baccalaureate degree.
The JMU OT program prepares students for entry-level positions in the occupational therapy profession. The program requires 30 months of study after all prerequisite requirements are completed. Admission is limited and competitive, with students being selected through an admissions process. Pre-OT students interested in applying must also submit to the admissions process. Admission to JMU does not guarantee admission to the OT program.
JMU OT program graduates have secured positions across the country and received very high employer satisfaction rates.
Information on graduation requirements should be reviewed in the graduate catalog. Important factors include:
- Completing and submitting the Application for Graduate Degree form.
- Being continuously enrolled to the graduate program from admission to graduation.
- Completing the program with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Successfully completing the comprehensive examination.
- Successfully completing all Level II Fieldwork requirements.
- Returning all university and OT Program property.
- Resolving all university related fees or fines.
- JMU OT Program student exam results from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) Exam
- September 30-December 1
OT Applications open
- 2017 Information Sessions Schedule
New Information Sessions Added
- Notification of OT Program Admission Decisions will be made early to mid-March 2017
- May 4-6
Welcome from Health Sciences
Health is one of the most important disciplines in today’s world. Given the current and future global demand for well trained and passionate health professionals, now is an ideal time to study in our department. We urge you to learn about our programs to see where your future ambitions fit. More >